Forget about the boring 3 ingredients flatbread (flour, water, salt) this one is as simple as that but 10 times tastier!
I came across this recipe years ago and have been experimenting and altering it ever since. Versatile, cheap, easy and quick, no oven required, and healthy. What else could you ask for?
You can shape it however you like. Turn the dough into thick oval pieces to go with a tasty curry, or small stripes to dip in hummus, or small circles (no need of a cutter, you can just use a glass upside down!) to make appetisers, or my favourite one: big thin circles to use as a quick alternative to pizza base.
- Natural Yogurt (a 500g container is ideal)
- Flour, whichever you like (same amount as yogurt plus some extra for shaping and rolling the dough)
- Yeast (if you are not going to use self-raising flour)
- Seeds (As many as you like! Fennel seeds, Poppy seeds, Flax seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds; play around and try different combinations)
- Salt and Pepper
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients with the help of a spatula.
- On a clean surface, knead the dough, adding more flour until it feels more firm and not that gooey. Tip: dip your hands in flour before working the dough so it won’t stick to your fingers that much.
- Shape it!
- Place the flatbreads on a hot griddle pan. On a medium heat, turn them around when you start seeing bubbles. Then leave it a couple of minutes on each side.
- Served hot, or cold. Enjoy them with anything you like.
Let me know what seed combo you used, or what did you have the flatbreads with!